Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Finished Cable Scarf

Here it is, the finished cable scarf ready to be sent out into the cold and keep my friend warm - especially when she’s inside her home. As for lessons learned:
  1. Even if you think you don’t need to count your rows, you really really do. I was convinced I could keep it my head. No, no, no. After tearing out a few rows and stressing about if I should tear out rows and redo them, I finally succumbed and started counting my rows, which was a pain at first, but I got used to it eventually.
  2. Even counting rows it’s important to pay attention. I messed up once and held the cable needle to the back instead of it to the front. You can see it here:
  3. The cabling itself isn’t that hard, it’s everything that comes with it. See above.

No comments: